State police investigating more school threats

SUSSEX COUNTY – Delaware State Police this morning responded to threats at three schools in Delaware, including Long Neck Elementary in Millsboro and Woodbridge High School in Bridgeville.

The threats occurred around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, state police spokesman Master Cpl. Gary Fournier said.

Silverlake Elementary School in Middletown also received a threat.

All schools were evacuated and state and local police K9s responded, Cpl. Fournier said.

Last week, several dozen bomb threats were received at schools in Delaware on Jan. 11 and Jan. 12. Beebe hospital also was the target of a bomb threat.

Nothing of suspicious nature was found in building sweeps.

Anyone with any information in reference to any of these incidents is are asked to contact Troop 2 Youth Aid Division at 302-834-2620, Troop 3 Youth Aid Division at 302-697-4454, or Troop 4 Youth Aid Division at 302-856-5850.

Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword “DSP.”

The Sussex County Post delivers news from Georgetown and southern Delaware. Follow @SussexPost on Twitter.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.