Selbyville: Storage structure damaged by fire

SELBYVILLE – Wood-stove malfunction was determined to be the cause of a fire Sunday that heavily damaged a storage structure, the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office reports.

The blaze occurred in the 200 block of Hoosier Street extended and was reported on Jan. 10 at 10:45 a.m., according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Harry R. Miller.

Selbyville Volunteer Fire Company, assisted by Roxana and Frankford fire companies extinguished the blaze. Fire fighters found heavy fire showing from the structure upon arrival.

No injuries occurred and the building was no occupied at the time of the fire.

The fire investigation determined that the fire originated as a malfunction in the woodstove which ignited nearby combustibles.

Total damages were estimated at $35,000.

The Sussex County Post delivers news from Georgetown and southern Delaware. Follow @SussexPost on Twitter.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.